Saturday, October 22, 2011

Crafting the Spirit

Most of the projects that I do with my hands help me to deepen my connection to the spiritual forces around me. I am lucky because every moment of my life has the feeling that the sacred is present. When I am involved in craftsmanship, that feeling is amplified tenfold.

One of the most important activities in which a shaman can engage is establishing and deepening one's connection to Nature and their environment. I won't explore the details of why at the risk of sounding like a know-it-all. But I think it's safe to say that a shaman isn't a shaman if he doesn't know and have a good working relationship with the spirits of his environment.

This week's entry at my craft blog, Craft Harder, is about trees, plants and deepening my connection to my environment. If you are interested, you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment